Morning sickness cures are a great strategy for coping with nausea.
If you are having problems with morning sickness symptoms, use these 17 morning sickness remedies, prepared just for you.
- B6. Seek the approval of your doctor before taking this recommendation. Usually 10-25 mg taken three times daily will do the trick.
- Seltzer. Sip on seltzer water or a club soda as an alternative, it will do as well.
- Ginger. This is one of the simplest morning sickness cures. And the best way to take ginger is to make a cup of ginger infused tea or chew on ginger snaps or cookies. Ginger has been known to suppress vomiting for a while now. Probably, what you should avoid is ginger ale soda which does not really contain real ginger.
- Lemon. The best way to take this lemon in this case, is to make lemon zest from the peel of a whole lemon, keeping it in a zip-lock bag or something similar and sniffing it when the nausea bout arises. Some moms believe lemon candy provides similar relief.
- Water. This is one of the greatest morning sickness cures that will keep you well hydrated. If you cannot drink a lot of this water at a time, sip it throughout the course of the day! It’s important for you to drink it between meals and NOT with meals.
- Cracker. Best try saltines or any other crackers that will do, if you cannot find the saltine ones.
- Bouillon. Make it yourself or let someone make you a cup of warm beef or chicken bouillon or miso soup. This is soothing and the sodium it contains will be useful in replenishing your stores after vomiting.
- Sports drink. Am thinking of a glass of Gatorade(R), Accelerade(R) or Cytomax(R) and for those who cannot find it, a glass of Vitaminwater(R) will help too.
- Yogurt. Here is another one of those great morning sickness cure if you can keep it down. The good bacteria in yogurt will help your gut get friendly bacteria.
- Licorice. Not everyone likes licorice, but if you do, then you can try strings, twists or drops of it.
- Avoid caffeine. If you love coffee, tea ,soda and chocolate, these will have to be put on hold for a while.
- Feast on protein. Processed foods are not good for you; try to eat frequent small meals of high protein foods instead. Very important because protein keeps you blood sugar level steady.
- Avoid smells/odors. simply stay away from offending orders.
- Eat first thing in the morning. Try dry toast or crackers in the morning just before you sit up in bed.
- Sleep. I cannot emphasize this enough. Do your best to nap frequently. If you are tired, your stomach upsets will only get worse.
- Prenatal vitamins. This can prove a challenge to take especially if they make you feel sick right after taking them. If your prenatal makes you sick, change the brand or take a children’s chewable that has iron as long as the vitamin contains a vitamin B-complex, folic acid, and iron. Don’t forget to alert your doctor about your situation.
- Indulge. When the appetite finally kicks in, don’t hesitate to enjoy yourself. Indulge!
First trimester of pregnancy here …
Information about week 1 pregnant moms …
Return to morning sickness cures, here.