If you are 8 weeks pregnant, fetal age is 6 weeks now!
Your baby is about the size of a pinto bean. One-half to three-quarters of an inch, that’s about 1.4 to 2 cm. He/she is developing limbs, tiny fingers and toes, the beginnings of external ear structures, eyelids, an upper lip, the tip of a nose, and intestines!
The outer cells of the embryo have grown links to your blood supply too.
Baby’s heart, aortic and pulmonary valves can now be identified. He/she also has developed tubes from the throat to the functioning part of the lungs. Baby also has elbows, and the arms and legs have extended forward. They bend at the elbow and curve just a little over the heart.
The body’s trunk area is getting longer and straightening out.
You on the other hand, are now beginning to have some first month pregnancy symptoms such as a growing uterus. It probably isn’t big enough to be showing, especially if this is your first pregnancy.
However, you will notice a gradual change in your waistline and the fit of your clothes. At 8 weeks pregnant, you are probably suffering from pregnancy related nausea commonly referred to as morning sickness. Not much is known about it’s cause, but it’s attributed to the pregnancy surging hormones in your body.
Your hormone levels and nausea will increase and fall together until hormonal levels stabilize. You are probably also having an increased sensitivity to odors as well as sharp pain on either side of your pelvis, especially when you twist or stand up after sitting for a while.
This pregnancy week by week growth of your uterus is straining your round ligaments and muscles that hold it in place. If you are concerned about the pain, tell your health care provider.
Most 8 weeks pregnant expectant moms are concerned about how their actions will affect their baby’s development.
- First of all, If you are one of the expectant moms, who has not noticed an improvement in your acne during this pregnancy,avoid accutane ( Isotretinoin) ; drug commonly prescribed for the treatment of acne. If taken during the first trimester, accutane can cause miscarriages and malformations of the fetus. If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, don’t take accutane.
- Miscarriage occurs when a pregnancy ends before the embryo or the fetus can survive on its own outside the uterus, during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. After 20 weeks, loss of a pregnancy is called a stillbirth. Nearly every pregnant woman thinks about miscarriage during pregnancy, but it occurs only in about 15% of all pregnancies. What causes a miscarriage? In most instances, we don’t really know, but most early miscarriages are associated to abnormalities in the development of the fetus. Most of which are usually chromosomal abnormalities. Many of these are attributed to radiation, chemicals (drugs or medications) and infections.Other maternal factors come into play including infections to mention but a few listeriosis, toxoplasmosis and syphilis.
In addition to this, science suggests that women who smoke have a higher risk of suffering a miscarriage as well as those who take more than the recommended glass of alcohol per day when pregnant.If you are now 8 weeks pregnant, and are having any problems or worries about a miscarriage, be sure to speak to your doctor about any concerns you might be having. Some common signs of miscarriage may include:
- vaginal bleeding , that continuous with clots
- pain that comes and goes
- pain that begins in the small of the back and moves to the lower abdomen
- loss of tissue per vagina
Visit the homepage of Signs of Pregnancy week by week here
See Pregnancy week by week information here
Return to the top of this page; 8 weeks pregnant here.